Poplar is a wood from the Netherlands originating from inland forests. The wood is light in weight and is normally only used for low-grade applications. Because of the unique finishing process of Platowood (platonizing) this type of wood transforms into a quality product that can even be applied to the façade untreated. It is very dimensionally stable, durable and light in weight. Because of the platonizing process. Platowood poplar has a light brown colour and it will age smooth and evenly.
Platowood Poplar is characterised by its virtually flawless surface and soft grain. Occasionally, the wood may have a small hole (pinhole) in it. Platowood Poplar is highly suitable for cladding in all weather conditions, untreated as well as provided with a colour finishing (Platowood Color). For more information, check CE Label Poplar.
Characteristics Platowood Poplar
- Low maintenance
- Long lifespan
- High dimensional stability
- Complete and thorough finishing
- Uniform color and quality
- Many thicknesses, widths and lengths available
- Many profiles/models available (standard profiles and customised work)
- Perfectly suited for cladding
- Nutural, greys beautifully and evenly
- Platowood Color: equipped with a color from our color series, available greyed as well
The wood types of Platowood standardly meet European fire class D-s2, d0. It is possible to treat the wood to protect up to European fire class B-s2, d0. Check for more information Euroclass Fire Grade Platowood.