+31 (0) 88 60 500 60Get in contact
Platowood Spruce is pinewood originating from responsibly maintained forests in Northern Europe. This fast-growing softwood is FSC certified and has a lively patterned surface aesthetic.
In the Netherlands, spruce is traditionally used in basic construction, but due to the unique finishing process of Platowood (platonizing) the wood changes into a type of wood with a high sustainability and a great dimensional stability. During the platonizing process, the white-yellowish natural color of spruce wood is transformed into a beautiful brown color.
Typically found in Platowood Spruce is the presence of knots, these may include a little crack or star. Furthermore resin pockets are allowed, as well as other smaller linings on the wood. All these features provide Platowood Spruce with a lively and natural look and feel. When left untreated, the wood will age beautifully and evenly. For more information, check CE Label Spruce.
Characteristics Platowood Spruce
- Low maintenance
- Long lifespan
- High dimensional stability
- Complete and thorough finishing
- Uniform colour and quality
- Many thicknesses, widths and lengths available
- Many profiles/models available (standard profiles and customised work)
- Suitable for cladding, noise barriers, landscaping and civil engineering
- Natural, greys beautifully and evenly
- Platowood Color: equipped with a color from our color series, available greyed as well
The wood types of Platowood standardly meet European fire class D-s2, d0. It is possible to treat the wood to protect up to European fire class B-s2, d0. Check for more information Euroclass Fire Grade Platowood.